Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Kamu bisa bicara bahasa indonesia?

For all of you who love to learn languages, the title here means "Do you speak Indonesian?" In Indonesia, the national language is Indonesian. The natives refer to their language as "bahasa" which literally translates to "language". But to be more specific, they'll refer to it as "bahasa Indonesia" or literally the "Indonesian language." I sheepishly admit that my Indonesian is a little rusty. I fly out in a matter of days and have only mastered hello and sorry (Halo and Maaf) which will probably be the only two words I'll need. Also by popular demand, I've learned "Di manakah kamar kecil?" since its only practical to know how to ask "where's the toilet?" in many languages.

Other than reviewing my useful Indonesian phrase book, I also need to finish planning and packing everything I need for the trip. I've been under the weather for the past two weeks and haven't been as productive as I would have liked. So today is the day to clean and finalize all of my luggage. Thanks to my Aunt Tracy Simon I have a very spacious carry-on laptop bag so my PC and personals will stay protected (don't worry dad). Once Pretty in Pink gets over on Oxygen, I'll get right on that whole packing thing. Stay tuned for any future developments.

One more thing: My best friend Courtney Hornick turned 20 today! I can't believe how fast they're all growing up. It feels just like yesterday that we were those two lost freshman, holding up campus maps, trying to find out Bio 211 lab so we could start cultivating our bacteria plots. And to think, today she's taking care of and rehabilitating wildlife in Kansas City...That girl is going places, and I'd like to wish her a very happy 20th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment